The Ocean State Job Lot Charitable Foundation was created to reinforce Job Lot’s strong commitment to the communities where our stores are located. Through partnerships with our generous customers and nonprofit organizations that align with our Mission, Vision and Values, we are able to assist people and animals in need throughout the Northeast and beyond.
Fundraisers and Events
Our associates also give back through participation in community fundraisers and events. Associates become like family to one another here at Ocean State Job Lot, and they support each other in many ways:
Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research Donation
On September 9, 2023, David Sarlitto, Executive Director of the Ocean State Job Lot Charitable Foundation, presented a check for $105,956 at The New England Parkinson’s Ride in Old Orchard Beach, Maine to benefit The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. The 16th annual ride brought in hundreds of riders, supporters and donations to support the Foundation and research for a cure. Through the generosity of our customers at our recent in-store and online fundraiser for The Michael J. Fox Foundation, Ocean State Job Lot was a top donor for this year’s ride.
- Pulling a 757 Fed-Ex Jet to support the National MS Society and raising over $31,000 at our registers for research to cure multiple sclerosis.
- Fundraising for Project Undercover, a nonprofit organization that provides diapers, underwear and socks to families in need.
- Collecting donations through our Building Brighter Futures campaign, to directly support local organizations that help children with a range of mental health and developmental challenges, as well as kids struggling with food insecurity and barriers to essential resources.
As part of the commitment to our Mission, Vision, and Values, Ocean State Job Lot is constantly working with our communities to make us better together. One of the ways in which we carry out that pledge is by honoring the people who go above and beyond each and every day with our special deal days throughout the year. It’s a chance to give back, spotlight, and provide even more savings to our everyday heroes who are making a difference.
- First Responder Deal Days – March
- All first responders and public safety professionals with professional identification are eligible. When you spend $20 or more, you’ll get 40% of the purchase price back as a Crazy Deal Gift Card.
- Educator Deal Days – August
- All educators, teachers, school management and school support personnel with professional identification are eligible. When you spend $20 or more, you’ll get 40% of the purchase price back as a Crazy Deal Gift Card.
- Senior Deal Days – September
- All customers ages 62 or older are eligible. Spend $20 or more, and get 40% of the purchase price back as a Crazy Deal Gift Card.
- Military and Veteran Deal Days – November
- With proper identification, all service members, veterans and their immediate family members and dependents are eligible. If you spend $20 or more, you’ll get 40% of the purchase price back as a Crazy Deal Gift Card.
In 2022, Community Renewal Team (CRT), based in Hartford, CT awarded Ocean State Job Lot Charitable Foundation with their annual Partnership Award. CRT is a long-standing community partner of the Charitable Foundation, and has received assistance from us in the form of clothing, food, Buy-Give-Get Coats and more. We are thrilled to showcase this award in the lobby of the corporate office in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, and are looking forward to working with CRT and other organizations like them, into the future.
Our associates also give back through participation in community fundraisers and events. Associates become like family to one another here at Ocean State Job Lot, and they support each other in many ways, including turning out to walk, run, and even pull a jet when the activity is for a cause that is near and dear to a teammate.